Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keeping the sewing tools

First, this post is inspired by Pauline's blog - fat connection- . And this is how I keep my sewing tools.

Primero, este post está inspirado en el blog de Pauline - Fat Connection. Y así es como tengo mis implementos de costura.


sewing_tool01

As you can see, I'm not the most organized person in the world =p. Here I keep my needles, pins, some basic color threads, fabric markers, a stick for stuffing, scissors and little pieces of laces.

Como pueden ver, no soy la persona más organizada en el mundo =p. Aquí tengo mis agujas, alfileres, algunos hilos de colores básicos, marcadores de tela, un palito para rellenar ,tijeras y pequeños pedazos de listón.

sewing_tool02

In plastic boxes I keep my normal threads (yeah,it's a mess) and embroidery threads

En cajas de plástico tengo mis hilos normales (si, un desastre) y mis hilos de bordar.

sewing_tool03

and more plastic boxes! with the uncommon things I need for other things like seashell buttons, snaps, those things for keychains (what's the name?), etc.

Y más cajas de plástico! con las cosas no comunes que necesito para otras cosas como botones de concha, broches de presión, esas cositas para llaveros, etc.

sewing_tool05

and finally my buttons! I keep them in glass jars by color, size and number of holes.

Y finalmente mis botones! los tengo en frascos de vidrio por color, tamaño y numero de hoyos.

sewing_tool04

that's it my friends! I would love to see how do you keep your sewing tools!

Eso es todo amigos! me encantaría ver como guardan sus cosas costuriles!

Hugs! ♥

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love jars of buttons!

I have found colorful little old tins from the thrift shops to gather my "what nots" -- the pretty one that .. I think cookies & candies came in. They are hard and stack.

Pauline Perh said...

I like your all-in-one jar, it's so handy. I have to admit that I'm not an organised person and I have way too many sewing stuffs to know how to keep them organize too. :P

antmee said...

I was just looking at my pin cushion tonight and "thought what a mess" loose threads, thread bobbins,little bits of patterns and the beginnings of a Kanzashi flower! If I can jam something in my pincushion, it's there! My mum made it for me and its huge with four pockets.

Donna said...

Oh how pretty! Neky, I'm so sorry that I lost track of you somewhere down the road. I wanted to drop by and say Hi! I had made a list of blog awards on my sidebar and linked the sunshine award to you, because you were the one who gave it to me. Thanks again.

PS. I'm having a giveaway of a handquilted tote bag you might like.

I adore your sewing supply caddy! It's just darling!!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home